Volunteers are especially needed in these areas:
- Nurses to assist with med distribution, charting, wound care, and other support tasks to help during the morning and evening rush
- Patient activities:
- Visit with the patients and help where needed (i.e. personal care, hygiene exercises, showering, etc.)
- Help Respite Assistants with sanitizing, making beds, laundry, serving meals, set up and clean up, etc.)
- Sports/health (exercise classes, nutrition seminars, etc.)
- Field Trip chaperones (once a month).
- Social/entertainment (karaoke evenings, movie nights, theme dinners, casino nights, weekend barbecues, etc.). We always are in great need of weekend activities.
- Recreation (video games, bocce ball, ping pong, knitting, horseshoes, and other craft lessons)
- Education and self-improvement (seminars for budgeting, life skills, job skills, resume writing, etc.)
- Holidays and birthdays (decorate the dining halls and living room, and facilitate the monthly birthday party that provides patients who have birthdays while staying at the facility with a birthday bag of small items, a cake, and balloons)
- AA and NA meeting facilitators
- Handymen and handywomen for facility repairs and construction-minded folks to build a community garden
- Food service handlers
- Floaters (volunteers who will help wherever with whatever is needed that day).
- Administrative assistance for the Development Director, & Volunteer & Activities Director.
- Event coordinators and facilitators (i.e. tournaments, games, BBQs, etc.)
- Translators of all languages, particularly Spanish
- Professional services (accounting, tax preparation, etc.)
- Advocacy (assist with SSI, ID card, and disability applications)
- Musicians to perform for the patients
- Individuals and groups to sponsor clothing, shoe, and hygiene item drives
- Pet therapists
- Art therapists
- Music therapists
For more information, please contact:
Michael Santeusanio, Training & Volunteer Manager