Job Summary: The Medical Director is a practicing physician (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine) who will provide direct care for patients at the Circle the City Medical Respite Centers, as well as assuming the leadership of the multidisciplinary clinical team. This physician should be interested in joining a dynamic team of dedicated professionals who are providing integrated care in an innovative setting to an exclusively homeless population.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of direct medical care to patients in the Medical Respite Center. This includes diagnosis, follow-up and treatment of all medical conditions from the time of admission until the patient is discharged.
- Leader of the medical team, which includes physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and therapists (physical, occupational, speech).
- Formulation of plans for care, coordination of care with care team
- Serving as consulting physician for Physician Assistants on staff
- Coordinating the service of community volunteer physicians within the Medical Respite Center
- Teaching medical students and residents who rotate through the Medical Respite Center, as well as coordinating these rotations with the teaching institutions
- Working closely with behavioral health team for integration of care
- Overseeing documentation on care in the Electronic Health Record
- Responsibility for ongoing evaluation of the clinical policies and procedures affecting provision of care in the Medical Respite Center
- Responsible for implementation of Infection Control Policy within the Medical Respite Center
- Participate in the Clinical Excellence Committee, developing metrics for quality outcomes and evaluating data to implement change.
- Must have valid unrestricted Arizona Medical License
- Board-Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Experience in working with homeless or underserved populations is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.