Summary of Position: Circle the City is a rapidly growing non-profit dedicated to providing high quality, holistic healthcare to people experiencing homelessness in Maricopa County. The Licensed Practical Nurse responsible for organization intake referral line, triaging and processing incoming patient referrals.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• The LPN triages calls and faxed referrals coming from community partners.
• Screening records for important clinical information that would lead to possible admission to CTC
• Obtain and verify incoming patient’s insurance
• Collaborate with Medical Director and Nurse Manager when necessary to discuss clinical aspects of patient records and
• Track bed availability and work with team to maintain census
• Collaborate with Admissions Nurse for schedule of intakes
• Maintain accurate and timely documentation in electronic health records
• Able to adapt to rapid, unpredictable work flow
• Able to focus on work at hand with attention to detail
• Ability to work with difficult patients and those with mental illness
• Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing with a current Arizona license in good standing
• Minimum one (1) year experience in medical/surgical hospital, outpatient, home health or public health care
• Competent in basic nursing knowledge of illnesses and treatments
• Understanding of substance and mental health issues.
• Computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information is required
including use of electronic health records
• Bilingual skills preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Position requires extended periods of sitting and standing
• Position requires regular bending and reaching, including transfer of patients
• Must be able to lift, carry and push 20 pounds on a regular basis
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
• Good communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.