Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Program Manager
Summary of Position:
The Administrative Assistant oversees the daily office operations. Performs varied advanced secretarial and administrative work. Additional responsibilities include: receptionist duties, maintaining office equipment and systems, and working with vendors. Projects a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintains hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Answers telephones and transfers to appropriate staff.
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff office space, phones, parking, and office keys.
- Meets and greets clients and visitors
- Setup and coordinate conferences and meetings
- Maintains a clean, comfortable and safe office environment.
- Supports staff in assigned project based work.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet the facility’s needs.
- Substantial experience in office procedures, telephone etiquette and standard office equipment.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with software, hardware, and networks.
- Microsoft Office proficiency. HR experience is highly desirable.
- Detail oriented and has the capacity to plan and follow-through with large projects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a large diversity of people to including patients, volunteers, vendors, staff and the general public.
Experience and Education:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type 50 wpm. This is normally acquired through one to three years of clerical experience.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.