Kindness Kits are distributed daily to individuals experiencing homelessness via our mobile medical outreach teams, and at our family health clinics.
Donations of pre-assembled Kindness Kit items are always appreciated.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR KINDNESS KIT ORGANIZERS
- If you are organizing a Kindness Kit collection drive, please call Circle the City’s Development and Communications Manager Liz Meyers at (480) 562-6660 or send an email to our Development Department Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We can answer any questions you may have about the Kindness Kits, coordinate your delivery to one of our facilities, and make sure that a Circle the City representative is available to gratefully accept your donation in person when the Kindness Kits are dropped off.
- Below is a list of specific items that are needed for Kindness Kits. Due to stricter guidelines mandated by our clinical staff in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Kindness Kits with any items not included in the below list cannot be accepted at this time.
Please assemble items in gallon sized Ziploc bags.
- One sealed bottle of water
- One package of new and sealed cough drops
- One new and sealed lip balm
- One new and sealed travel size sunscreen
- One pair of new and unused socks
- One package of travel size Kleenex tissues
- One new, packaged and sealed toothbrush
- One new, packaged and sealed tube of toothpaste
- One package of band-aids
- Nonperishable and pre-packaged food items such as jerky/granola bar (two items per Kindness Kit)
- Kindness Kits also include face masks, protective gloves, and hand sanitizers that are provided by our medical partner
- If time and volunteer resources permit, we would also appreciate the inclusion of a “card of encouragement” inserted in each Kindness Kit. Please insert so that note is easily seen by the recipient when he/she receives the bag.
- Last, but not least, please consider taking a photo of your group writing the encouragement notes, and/or assembling the Kindness Kits. We enjoy sharing photos of our community partners creating Kindness Kits on our social pages. Email your photo to Development@circlethecity.org and be sure to include your contact information in case we have any questions.
DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Any items not listed in the above list. Due to stricter guidelines mandated by our clinical staff in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Kindness Kits with any items not included in the above list cannot be accepted at this time.
Other Ways to Give Back While You Shop
These retailers offer unique opportunities for you to support Circle the City. We are grateful for their partnership.
Circle the City has an Amazon Wish List of items that we need to help better meet the needs of the patients.
Shop using AmazonSmile and Amazon will donate 0.5% percent of the price of your eligible purchases to Circle the City when you select our charitable organization!
Items purchased from our Amazon Wish List will be shipped directly to the Parsons Family Health Center.
Learn more about Amazon Smile here!
Link your VIP card to Fry’s Community Rewards Program and designate Circle the City to receive a donation every time you shop!