Circle the City is a local nonprofit agency that provides healthcare for the homeless. The purpose of this (Night) position is to provide both clinical and clerical support services in a setting that delivers care to patients while they heal from a recent illness. A Respite Assistant assures the continuity of client care, providing an essential link for communication involving all team members. The Respite Assistant is also available to transport patients as needed for appointments and to serve as a driver for the pickup and delivery of supplies.
Great benefits with full medical, dental, vision, 403(b) match, STD, LTD, Life, EAP, paid PTO (14 days accrued per year), and paid Sick days (5 days accrued per year).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse throughout each shift to determine work assignments and priorities, as well as communicating the status of delegated task completion and outcome of patient data findings
- Maintains timely, ongoing verbal communication in order to assure good care of patients and the effective running of the Medical Respite Center
- Provides safe and timely transportation for patients to off-site appointments as assigned by supervisor using the Respite Center’s vans including running errands as needed by supervisor.
- Treats each patient in a manner that preserves and supports patient confidentiality, patient rights, and patient dignity
- Checks inventories on a weekly basis, orders and stocks supplies
- Assists any patient with personal hygiene as needed
- Assists with copying and clerical tasks as needed
- Phone coverage and triage of calls when necessary
- Provides personal care and one-to-one support for patients needing end of life care.
- Coordinates meal time needs including setting out food for patient pick up and cleaning up after the meals are finished
- Performs other duties as required
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to obtain vital signs accurately
- Proficient in reading and writing skills in English
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Demonstrated interest in working with an underserved population
- High school diploma or GED (preferred but not required)
- Experience in a medical environment highly desirable
- Bi-lingual- Spanish highly desired
- Requires a current Arizona Department of Safety Clearance Card
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Valid Arizona driver’s license, in effect for at least 3 years
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Position requires extended periods of sitting and standing
- Position requires regular bending and reaching, including transfer of patients
- Must be able to lift, carry and push 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience.Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Apply at: https://circlethecity.bamboohr.com/jobs