Summary of Position:
A professional nurse who has both administrative and clinical responsibilities for the daily operation of the Circle the City clinical programs in conjunction with the Senior Nurse Manager. Responsibilities include planning, implementing, supervising and evaluating the delivery of patient care within established regulatory guidelines and professional nursing practice standards. This is done through management of fiscal, human and other resources; professional collaborative relationships.
1. Oversee and monitor clinical operations for outpatient programs; working in conjunction with Practice and Program Managers.
2. Assists Senior Nurse Manager is supply utilization management, monitoring of clinical care and quality metrics
3. Oversee training and ongoing competencies for Medical Assistants and designated nursing staff.
4. Develops and sustains the environment that supports excellence in clinical practice through planning and implementing programs that contribute to a positive patient outcome. Holds staff accountable for implementing standards of care, practice and performance.
5. Evaluates the adherence to and effectiveness of interdisciplinary clinical standard and programs through the establishment of quality improvement activities.
6. Serves as a consultant on clinical matters related to area of expertise and participates in care as needed.
7. Serves as site coordinator or delegates such duties as appropriate for EHR. Example: Athena, Azara.
1. Interviews, hires, supervises and evaluates staff according to established personnel policies and procedures of Circle the City.
2. Chairs monthly staff meetings.
3. Provides oversight to management of clinical and staff schedules.
4. Serves as a resource/mentor to staff regarding professional development, encouraging continuing education, and individual learning opportunities as appropriate.
5. Oversees departmental orientation, on the job training and quality assurance activities.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs, at the discretion of the program Medical Directors or Senior Nurse Manager.
• Understanding of substance use and mental health issues
• Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to provide effective leadership for assigned staff and to interact effectively with patients, physicians, and health team members required
• Computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information required
Experience and Education:
• License to practice professional nursing in Arizona required
• Graduate of an accredited baccalaureate nursing program required
• Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible nursing experience; leadership experience with demonstrated management ability preferred.
• Outpatient clinic experience preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Demonstrated interest in working with and underserved population
Performs related functions as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.