Circle the City is a local nonprofit agency that provides healthcare for the homeless. We are looking for a few dynamic Medical Assistant’s to join our new clinic! The Medical Assistant serves as clinical support staff, patient registration staff, and more. This position requires experience in both front office and back office.
The clinic hours are a combination of 3 schedules, M-F 1:00 – 10:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or M-F 7:30 am – 4:30 pm. These positions’ will work a rotated schedule and work approximately 1 weekend a month. Bilingual is preferred.
Great benefits with full medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with a 3% match, STD, LTD, Life, EAP, paid PTO (14 accrued days per year), and paid Sick days (5 accrued days per year).
- Adheres to and conveys a philosophy that supports the dignity, privacy, independence, choice, and individuality of patients.
- Collaborates with the Practice Manager throughout each shift to determine work assignments and priorities, as well as communicating the status of delegated task completion and outcome of patient data findings.
- Maintains timely, ongoing verbal communication in order to assure good care of patients and the effective running of the clinic.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information.
- Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Interacts with patients in a warm, professional manner, maintaining positive relationships with patients.
- Maintains a clean driving record.
- Assist patients with completing registration forms. Conduct eligibility determination, enrollment and follow-up with uninsured patients timely.
- Protects patient’s rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information or protected health information.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with the patients, providers, nurses, medical support staff, case managers, agency representatives, supervisors and office staff.
- Attends daily team huddles when in clinic, clinic staff meetings, and team meetings
- Maintains vehicle logs accurately and completely when used.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet the facility’s needs, at the discretion of the Supervisor.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology highly desired
- Ability to use computer for recording patient data /history
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Demonstrated interest in working with an underserved population
Experience and Education:
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant training course
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a current Arizona driver’s license.
- Must have been licensed for at least 3 years.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- Must meet Circle the City insurer’s requirements for safe past driving record.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Sits for extended periods of time; stands, bends, stoops, reaches, climbs stairs to enter and exit vehicle, and walks intermittently.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience.Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.