This position will be working at the Circle the City Medical Respite Center, Downtown Campus; the Circle the City Family Health Center, UMOM Campus; and associated outreach sites with the goal of improving access to care and patient outcomes. The position will lead the multidisciplinary clinical care provided at these sites of service under the general direction of the Circle the City Medical Director, Downtown Campus.
Great benefits with full medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with a 3% match, STD, LTD, Life, EAP, paid PTO (14 days accrued per year), and paid Sick days (5 days accrued per year).
Reports to: Medical Director
Job Summary:The Physician is a provider who will provide direct care for patients seen by Circle the City, as well as assuming the leadership of the multidisciplinary clinical team. This provider should be interested in joining a dynamic team of dedicated professionals who are providing integrated care in an innovative setting to an exclusively homeless population.
Circle the City is a rapidly growing non-profit community health agency dedicated to providing high quality, holistic healthcare to people experiencing homelessness in Arizona. Our homeless continuum of care is one of a kind in the State of Arizona, and one of few similar models across the nation.
Circle the City strives to meet each of our clients “where they are,” without judgement or bias. We embrace a culture of dignity and respect for all our patients, staff members and community partners. Our approach to healing is holistic in nature, focusing on the important balance of physical, mental and spiritual health. We engage each of our patients with the goal of not only providing excellent care, but also of assisting them on their journey out of homelessness.
The Circle the City Physician provides high quality holistic health care as an integral part of a dynamic interdisciplinary team. Care is provided in multiple settings including the innovative 50-bed CTC Medical Respite Center, Downtown Campus; the CTC Family Health Center, UMOM Campus; and other associated outreach sites.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing patient health by interviewing patients, performing examinations, obtaining, updating and studying medical histories.
- Direct leadership and oversight of the professional and paraprofessional medical team.
- Develop and implement medical policy in collaboration with the Medical Director, including that pertaining to clinical practice guidelines and care delivery for a unique population.
- Collaborating and consulting with physicians as needed in the provision of care and the formulation of treatment plans
- Determining abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Instructing and counseling patients by describing therapeutic regimens; promotes wellness and health maintenance.
- Documenting patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Providing continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans and care transitions.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and procedures.
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Ability to work as a collaborative member of the healthcare team
- Licensed to practice as a Physician credential by the state of Arizona
- Board certified in either Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine; Board certification in Internal Medicine accompanied by education and competency in Pediatric Medicine is also suitable or Certified by the NCCPA or the AANP
- Minimum of three years’ experience in clinical medicine
- Experience in working with underserved populations highly desirable
- Must have a good driving record
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience.Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.